Monday 7 January 2008

Tim Chester's blog

To prevent me from getting too high church with all that Leithart, Jordan, Field and whatnot, I have taken to reading the blog of the great TC, reformed anabaptist church-planter.

He directs the Northern Training Institute which I enrolled on in September, and which is proving even better than anticipated!

A sample of creative teaching that Kate showed me was this excellent story about Joshua 10...

It inspired me in a recent sermon on Genesis 4 to open with a retelling of chs 1-3 in story form. Paying attention to the reality and power of stories is liberating and empowering in Christian teaching. Of course, the Reformed Heavy Brigade are big on that, too, and had previously inspired my wedding sermon for A&L. Story is a big word these days, so watch out!