Monday 19 May 2008

Lost consonants

The problem with superlatives is that they get used up rather quickly. As does the reader's patience with someone who uses them - it's like a non-dangerous version of the boy who cried wolf.

So, I shall refrain from superlatives as I recommend to you Graham Rawle and his series 'Lost Consonants' in which amusing collages are blended with silly speech bubbles and captions that are missing a letter. I rediscovered these yesterday and fell off my chair laughing several times. I am told that me laughing is quite a sight, as I have a very weird laugh - mostly a squeaking, sawing noise while breathing in, simultaneously slapping furniture and thighs and generally losing control of self and words. Exhausting to perform, intriguing to watch.

Anyway, th'smore than enough about me, go and look at the genius of Rawle.